Tuesday, May 17, 2011

My first half marathon

Well, I've officially signed up for my first half marathon. The Middle Tennessee Half Marathon on October 15th. So, in 150 days, I'll be attempting to run 13.1 miles around the city of Murfreesboro.

I'm terrified.

Well, not terrified, but apprehensive. Intimidated, perhaps. 13.1 miles is a LONG way.

I've been asked why I want to do this. That answer is simple. I want to prove to myself that I can do it. I enjoy running, but only in short bursts during my cardio workouts. I want to know that I can run 13.1 miles. After that, I may want to run 26.2, but for now, this is one major thing that's on my bucket list that I want to check off before I get married.

And, besides all that, this gives me a great excuse to get in shape for the wedding! Which is also right around the corner.... YIKES!

As Matt so eloquently stated, "I only run when someone is chasing me!"

I don't want to feel that way. If I enjoy running, then I should be able to do it!

Check back, I'm sure this will get more interesting as my training continues!

No comments:

Post a Comment